The Allen-Bradley CompactLogix 5480 Controller offers the benefits of Logix control with Windows-based computing. With a commercially available CPU and a Windows 10 IoT Enterprise operating system running independently of the Logix control engine, it provides a high-performance architecture with the ability to run 3rd-party applications.
End users and OEMs are inventing ways to collect data from machines and turning it into valuable information closer to the plant floor. This ability to make decisions at the machine level helps to enable Rockwell Automation’s Connected Enterprise vision.
• Built upon Rockwell Automation’s high-performance architecture, which was first introduced with the ControlLogix 5580 and CompactLogix 5380 controllers
• Uses Studio 5000® environment and development tools
• Provides Logix real-time control and an instance of Windows 10 IoT Enterprise operating system on a single platform
• Increased performance provides faster scan time execution and motion loop updates, therefore, better machine throughput and increased production
• Embedded Logix security with FactoryTalk® Security user authentication and authorization Use Cases
• Analytics, data gathering, and predictive computations
• Cloud Gateway, Data concentrator
• Machine and Line Control
• Integrated control and visualization
• Control and 3rd-party machine vision
For more information, please click here.